At this time we are encouraging people to please stay at home and stream our services online as they are able. Click here for links to our Livestream, including orders of service. Also, please read our latest newsletter with announcements concerning our current practices.
Thrivent Choice Dollars
If you’re an eligible Thrivent Financial member and have Choice Dollars® available to direct, please keep us in mind. For more info or to direct Choice Dollars, call 800-847-4836 and say “Thrivent Choice” or click here.
Humboldt Food Pantry:
Due to the Coronavirus situation, the following will be implemented for the Humboldt Community Food Pantry
The Pantry will not accept any donations of food items nor non-food items (clothing/household items/toys, etc.)
As virus restrictions increase, so will the demand to seek help and food from the local food pantry. Therefore we encourage the community to support us and make monetary donations to the pantry to help offset the increased expenses.
Monetary donations may be mailed to Humboldt Ministerial Alliance c/o 204 N. 7th Street Humboldt Ks. 66748
The Humboldt Pantry will be open every Tuesday from 5-6 PM
Communion Preparation: The sign-up sheet is in the Narthex. Please consider serving your brothers and sisters in the faith by helping prepare the elements for the Sacrament.
Prayer Requests: Please inform the office if you or a family member would like to be added to the pray request or prayer chain, we don’t add people without permission from you or a family member please contact us either by phone or email.
Future Dates to keep in mind: Everything but worship is suspended until further notice.
COVID-19 -Our plan is to stay the course and take extra measures to ensure that we are engaging in appropriate social distancing. Here are the measures that we are now taking:
1. If you feel sick, please stay home.
2. When you arrive, please do not congregate in the narthex but move directly into the sanctuary. Bulletins will be on the pedestals next to the doors.
3. Please deposit your offering in the plate by the main door to the sanctuary as we will not be passing the offering plates during worship.
4. Please refrain from physical contact when greeting one another and remain at a distance of at least 6 feet.
5. When choosing a place in the pews, please utilize the space in the sanctuary as much as possible. Leave at least 4 pews between individuals/families.
6. We have suspended the Sharing of the Peace.
7. Communion will be practiced as follows: a. Pastor will sanitize hands prior to distribution. b. Communion will be distributed from the bottom step of the chancel. c. You will be dismissed as individuals/families. d. Pastor will sanitize the common cup after each use using a solution of diluted Everclear. e. When the individual/family has consumed the elements and is heading back to their pew via the external aisles, the next individual/family will be dismissed.
8. After service, self-dismissal will began from the back. Please allow the appropriate distance between individuals/families as you exit.
9. Pastor will not remain in the narthex to greet after church, but he will be available in his office after the service if anyone needs to talk.
10. Please do not congregate in the narthex after the service but move directly outside.
11. The pews are sanitized between the services.
12. Maintain good hygiene. There is hand sanitizer available in the Narthex for your use. When you wash your hands, scrub with soap for at least 20 seconds. Praying the Lord’s Prayer, reciting the Creed, or singing the Doxology is a good rule of thumb while you scrub your hands.
13. Pastor is available by appointment for those who would like to come and receive the Lord’s Supper during the week.
Changes to this plan will be shared in the announcements, Facebook, and through email. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
PASTOR WILL BE STARTING TO LIVESTREAM SUNDAY SCHOOL AND WILL EMAIL A LINK AND HAVE IT ON FACEBOOK FOR VIDEO CONFERENCING
Belize Mission Fundraiser: POSTPONED TO May 31st. We will have a congregational dinner, after late service, for the Belize mission. Pastor Meier and Sherry will be here and would like to see everyone.
Help! If anyone is interested in being a reader at early church on Sunday mornings please contact Janet Storck at 620-432-1224.